Telkom has informed its customers that it will be migrating them to fibre and wireless services soon, as it will no longer support copper-based voice and DSL services.
- ADSL and VDSL customers will be migrated to capped and uncapped fibre packages
- DSL users will be migrated to fixed-LTE products if no fibre is available
- Cable theft and inclement weather will no longer impact DSL subscribers, so they can therefore expect better service levels and less downtime
- This will impact ISPs which have thousands of ADSL subscribers
- These subscribers can be moved onto other broadband solutions, which are better products
- The move will likely make Telkom more competitive