Retailer Shoprite has launched new standalone tech stores, called K’nect, in an effort to make it easier for its customers to access services including global money transfers, mobile phone purchases, bill payments, tickets and insurance.
- The first store was successfully launched at the Delft Mall in Cape Town in May 2019
- Six new stores will open between end July and mid-August 2019
- The stores will be located in Hatfield, Rosebank, Riverside Mall, Mmabatho, Watergate Mall and Illanga Mall
- Stores include specialist tills for money transfers, tickets for travel and events, insurance and mobile devices and accessories
- Express tills cater for quick transactions, including bill payments (accounts and bills), airtime and data (top-up and recharge), electricity purchases and Lotto ticket purchases
Image credit: MyBroadband