Source: Supermarket & Retailer
Shoprite and Checkers supermarkets will offer early Black Friday deals and discounts of up to 50% on everyday essentials as customers are increasingly looking for value given the pressure many households are under.
In response to Covid-19, both Shoprite and Checkers supermarkets will for the first time offer early Black Friday deals and keep the deals valid for longer, to allow customers more time to plan and shop, and to prevent overcrowding.
Deals will be offered on selected groceries, electronics, small appliances and much more. Some of the early Black Friday deals available to Xtra Savings members at Shoprite, Checkers and Checkers Hyper include:
● Shoprite (early Black Friday deals: valid from 20 – 22 November 2020):
○ 2 x value packs of Pampers pants for R220 (R200 saving)
○ 2 x 500g bricks of Rama Original 70% fat spread for R30 (save 40%)
○ 850g Parmalat cheese for R75 (R45 saving)
● Checkers (early Black Friday deals: valid from 23 – 24 November 2020):
○ 18 pack Twinsaver 2 ply toilet rolls for R75 (save 35%)
○ 2 x 3kg packs of Ariel washing powder for R99 (R98 saving)
○ 800g Clover cheese for R75 (R84 saving)
● Checkers Hyper (valid from 23 – 27 November 2020):
○ Xbox One S 1TB Console for R5 699 (R1 300 saving)
○ 40″ JVC TV for R2 949.00 (R600 saving)
○ 4.5 litre Platinum air fryer for R999 (R500 saving)
Stringent hygiene and sanitising protocols will be in place to help protect customers and employees as far as possible including the use of face masks, hand sanitiser, social distancing and limited entry where necessary to avoid overcrowding.
Additional security measures will also be employed.
Shoprite and Checkers will release more Black Friday deals in due course, and Xtra Savings members will be notified first. Some deals will be exclusive to members.