SARS (South African Revenue Service) has encouraged taxpayers to submit income tax returns via the SARS eFiling or the SARS MobiApp when the tax season commences on 1 July 2019.
Taxpayers who do not use SARS eFiling or the SARS MobiApp and require assistance from SARS branch staff to file their income tax returns will only be able to do so from 1 August 2019 to 31 October 2019.
What is the SARS MobiApp?
The SARS MobiApp is a mobile channel from which you can complete and submit your Income Tax Return (ITR12).
You can easily install the SARS MobiApp from the App Store (for Apple devices) or Google Play Store (for Android devices). On the SARS MobiApp you can register, complete, save and submit your 2019 return, as well as returns from previous years.
You may also use the app for the following:
- Register for eFiling
- Reset your username and password
- File your return
- Upload and submit supporting documents
- Make a payment to SARS
- Set up a Call Back from the SARS Contact Centre
- View a Notice of Assessment
- Request and view the Income Tax Statement of Account
- View the status of the return
- Use the tax calculator
- Which devices are compatible with the SARS MobiApp?
- iOS version 10 to latest
- Android version 5.0 to latest