By Glenda Viljoen / Trocraft
Ranger Product Requirements:
TIM HOLTZ ADIRONDACK
ALCOHOL INKS: POPPY FIELD, RED PEPPER
ALCOHOL INK APPLICATOR AND FELT
ALCOHOL BLENDING SOLUTION
TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS
DISTRESS SPRAY STAINS: CANDIED APPLE
MINI DISTRESS INK PADS: CANDIED APPLE,
SPUN SUGAR, FESTIVE BERRIES, AGED MAHOGANY, ANTIQUE LINEN, GROUND ESPRESSO, HICKORY SMOKE
DISTRESS PAINT: PICKET FENCE
DISTRESS GLITTER: SPUN SUGAR
MINI INK BLENDING TOOL
RANGER ACRYLIC PAINT DABBERS
PINK GUMBALL, CLASSIC CHERRY
DYLUSIONS INK SPRAYS
CHERRY PIE, POSTBOX RED
VERMILLION, WATERING CAN
WONDER TAPE, GLOSSY ACCENTS, MULTI MEDIUM
TIM HOLTZ ADIRONDACK ALCOHOL INKS
Acid-free, fast drying transparent coordinating dye inks specially formulated to create a colourful, polished stone effect. Use on glossy paper, metal, shrink plastic, glass and other slick surfaces. Alcohol Blending Solution lightens colours and cleaning inks from non-porous surfaces.
PAINT DABBER | DISTRESS PAINT
Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber and Tim Holtz Distress Paints may look like similar products, but each has its own signature features that make it different from the other: Distress Paint is more fluid, reacts with water, surface remains smooth, opaque coverage, semi opaque when mixed with water and is permanent when dry. Acrylic Paint Dabbers create texture on surfaces, opaque coverage on multi surfaces and permanent when dry.
DISTRESS SPRAY STAINS | DYLUSIONS INK SPRAYS
Distress Spray Stain and Dylusions Ink Spray are different formulations, each with their own reactive properties. Dylusions Ink Spray ghosts and lightens while Distress Spray Stain is designed to wick and mottle when wet. Both products are acid free, non-toxic water based dye inks.
Techniques and instructions:
- Adhere tissue tape to rim of lid.
- Cut two strips of red heart paper: width x 1,8 cm. trim second strip to measure 9 cm. cut a ‘v’ into left edge. Adhere strips to outside of tin. Adhere pearl to ‘v’.
- Cut 9,5 x 9,5 cm (cream with black heart paper). Corner-round corners and adhere to inside, bottom of tin.
EMBELLISHING METAL TIN LID
- Spritz fabric flower with Cherry Pie Dylusions Ink Spray and Candied Apple Distress Spray Stain.
- Stamp two paper flowers with script text with Vermillion Archival Ink.
- Dab Festive Berries and Candied Apple Distress Ink pads onto non-stick craft sheet. Lightly spritz with water. Place ribbon into ink to colourize. When dry create a bow, leaving a piece to create two ribbon tabs for booklet inside tin.
- Apply a few drops of Poppy Field Alcohol Ink to felt on alcohol ink applicator. Dab onto pearl and rhinestones.
- Ink small chipboard heart with Festive Berries Distress Ink using a mini ink blending tool.
- Decorate lid with flower, leaves, die-cuts, word stickers, chipboard heart, inked ribbon, resin rose, stamped paper flowers, tissue tape, heart stickers, pearl and rhinestones.
- Embellish reverse side of lid with die-cuts, chipboard heart, paper flower, red button, stickers and twine bow.
ACCORDIAN BOOKLET (ZIG ZAG FOLD)
- Cut two strips: 30,5 x 8,5 cm and 25,5 x 8,5 cm. Join two strips, matching lace edges, with ‘postcard’ strip on left, joining with strips of tissue tape.
- Starting from left side, measure and score at 6,5 cm 13,5 cm and 22 cm and then at 8,5 cm and 17 cm on second half.
- Fold on score lines, pressing the crease with a bone folder, creating a zig zag fold.
- Corner-round top and bottom left-hand edge.
- Lightly ink edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink using a mini ink blending tool.
BOOKLET FRONT COVER
- Stamp left and right edges with script stamp and Vermillion Archival Ink.
- Adhere acetate die-cut bracket frame to right edge, overlapping folded edge. Adhere red felt and gold foil hearts. Adhere paper die-cut heart to complete heart cluster.
- Paint metal button with Picket Fence Distress Paint. Dry slightly and then wipe to remove paint from raised areas.
- Colourize one pearl pin with Poppy Field Alcohol Ink.
- Finish with tulle bow, pearl pins and button.
BOOKLET PAGE THREE: WATERCOLOUR PAPER
- Lightly dab Spun Sugar, Candied Apple, Festive Berries and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink pads onto the back of layering stencil until the stencil has colours in most areas. Mist inked stencil with water from a mister.
- Lift stencil and place onto watercolour paper. Press with roller towel to ‘print’ colour as well as to absorb excess ink. Lift stencil and dry with a heat tool.
- Place stencil back onto inked watercolour paper and ink with Spun Sugar and Antique Linen Distress Ink using a mini ink blending tool.
- Stamp script text using Vermillion Archival Ink.
- Cut into a 7,5 cm square and corner-round all four corners. Add inked ribbon tab and alcohol inked rhinestone to right edge. Centre and adhere to page.
BOOKLET PAGE FOUR: STAMPING AND EMBOSSING
- Stamp quote with Watering Can Archival Ink. While ink is still wet, apply Red Cinnabar Embossing Powder.
- Lightly shake off excess powder taking care not to remove embossing powder from stamped image. Heat with heat tool until embossing powder melts. Add a small felt die-cut heart.
BOOKLET PAGE FIVE: STAMPING WITH PAINT
- Cut cream paper (7,5 cm x 7,5 cm).
- Dab Pink Gumball Acrylic Paint onto splatter stamp. Stamp onto cream paper.
- Dab Classic Cherry Acrylic Paint onto splatter stamp. Stamp onto cream paper.
- Swipe Festive Berries Distress Ink pad onto piece of music note tissue tape. Wipe with roller towel. Adhere onto dry painted surface.
- Ink foiled chipboard heart with Spun Sugar, Candied Apple and Festive Berries Distress Ink using an ink blending tool. Lightly spritz with water to react and blend ink.
- Adhere painted paper to page. Embellish with foil and felt hearts, word stickers and tissue tape.
BOOKLET PAGE SIX: ALCOHOL INK ON FOIL
- Apply a few drops of Poppy Field Alcohol Ink to felt on alcohol ink applicator. Dab onto areas of foil alpha sheet, flower rhinestone and pearl.
- Cut red heart paper to measure 7,5 x 7,5 cm and adhere to page. Trim foil alphas to fit and adhere.
- Stamp script text onto a paper flower. Add flowers, rhinestone and pearl. Add word stickers to complete.
BOOKLET PAGE SEVEN: DISTRESS GLITTER
- Cut black with cream design paper to measure 7,5 x 7,5 cm.
- Centre acetate frame onto black paper. Trace inner square with a pencil. Remove frame and set aside.
- Cut strips of Wonder Tape to cover square extending a few millimetres past the pencil lines. Peel backing from tape and adhere frame onto tape.
- Place square onto spare paper and pour Spun Sugar Distress Glitter onto exposed tape. Tap off excess and return excess glitter to container.
- Adhere foil chipboard heart on top of glittered area. Pour Glossy Accents to inner section. Add red glass beads and Spun Sugar Distress Glitter. Set aside to dry. Tap excess glitter off and return to container.
- Colour pearl heart with Poppy Field Alcohol Ink.
- Create ribbon tab and adhere to right-hand.
- Adhere square to page and finish with sticker words, hearts and pearl heart.
TO FINISH TIN
Cut cream with black heart paper (9,5 x 9,5 cm). Corner-round corners. Adhere to bottom of tin. Adhere booklet to tin.