A major outage on the Mweb network that runs on Vumatel’s fibre infrastructure has left many South Africans without Internet access, according to MyBroadband.
- Mweb told some clients that the problem lies with Vumatel
- Vumatel said its tests show its infrastructure is working perfectly
- Some users have been offline for two days or longer
- Mweb has said that many subscribers from Sandton, Rosebank, and Bryanston were experiencing the same issue
- Some users experience packet loss to Europe servers in games at around 20:00 every night, all across the country
MyBroadband contacted Mweb and Vumatel for comment, but neither company could immediately respond to requests for comment.