Stationery brand Moleskine has reported 18% constant-currency sales growth for 2015.
Full-year sales for the Italy-based firm were €128,1-million ($143-million), 30% up as reported.
There was growth in all of Moleskine’s reporting divisions.
• Wholesale: +6.3% to €79.4-million
• B2B: +41.3% to €28.9-million
• E-commerce: +29.4% to €5.8-million
• Retail: +59% to €14-million
On a geographical basis, EMEA grew by 12.3% to €55.4 million, Americas increased by 18.1% to €50 million and APAC jumped 37.8% to €23 million.
Other highlights for the year
• B2B sales in the APAC region more than doubled due to an exceptional flow of large projects.
• The EMEA wholesale channel increase of 4% reflects the difficult market conditions in Russia.
• Moleskine added 17 directly-owned stores during the year, taking the total worldwide to 58.
In December, Moleskine opened a branded coffee show in Geneva Airport, Switzerland.
By Andy Braithwaite for OPI.net