HP has announced a re-engineered, sleek new series of LaserJet printers designed to make businesses more efficient.
Built around the latest in toner formulation – new Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence – the HP LaserJets use up to 53% less energy, take up to 40% less space and wake up, print and duplex in a fraction of the time.
The announcement represents our most significant laser printing re-engineering since the introduction of the first LaserJet in 1984.
“Business customers are looking for smart, affordable solutions that seamlessly integrate into today’s smaller, more communal work spaces” said Tuan Tran, vice president and general manager, LaserJet Hardware and Technology organisation, HP. “We started with the customer and designed the new LaserJet platform from the inside out to be leaner, faster and smarter than ever before to help meet the demands of the modern office.”
Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence deliver up to 33% more professional-quality prints, peak printing performance, and protection against counterfeits with innovative anti-fraud technology.
With its durable shell and soft core, ColorSphere toner offers consistently glossy, professional-quality results and is specifically designed to keep up with the high-speed performance of HP LaserJet printers and MFPs. Despite having a more durable shell, the new toner’s soft core melts at a much lower temperature requiring far less heat to melt. The result is higher page yields from a more compact and energy-efficient printer.
The toner cartridge has been re-engineered to work smarter than ever before, delivering more pages with fewer interventions. Page maximiser technology delivers more pages per cartridge than previous generations with less internal wear. In addition, print gauge technology intelligently predicts toner levels, helping IT managers get the most out of each toner cartridge.
With anti-fraud technology built into every JetIntelligence toner cartridge customers have more protection that easily identifies counterfeit cartridges and enforces customer-initiated anti-theft and office-wide printing policies to manage cost and quality standards. HP also makes cartridge installation easier than ever with the new auto seal removal.
New HP JetAdvantage Private Print3 helps prevent unauthorised access to confidential print jobs and reduces waste from misprinted jobs. Each print job is securely stored in the cloud until the user authenticates and claims the job from the printer. HP JetAdvantage Private Print also features support for HP Common Card Reader for fast authentication, as well as a mobile app available on iOS and Android devices to manage and print from tablets and smartphones for added convenience.
New HP LaserJet printers and MFPs feature a smaller footprint, easier set up and installation as well as up to 40% faster printing from sleep versus competitors New products include:
* HP Color LaserJet Pro M252 series is compact and energy efficient. Up to 33% smaller than competitive devices, the new series is built to meet the needs of a small workgroup, streamlining workflow with mobile printing options and fastest first page out in its class.
* The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277 series is the smallest laser MFP and offers the fastest 2-sided printing in its class, enabling a growing team to speed through tasks with a range of productivity and workflow features.
* The HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M552 and M553 series is ideal for larger workgroups of five to 15 users printing up to 6,000 pages per month. Helping save IT managers time and money, the series prints at high speed while achieving the lowest total energy consumption and fastest double-sided printing speed in its class. They are also the first to include Google Cloud Print 2.0 supporting Google’s new local printing standard for Chromebooks and Chrome OS applications.
Pricing and availability
* HP Color LaserJet Pro M252 series starts at R2 699 including VAT and will be available across South Africa from 1 June.
* HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277 series starts at R3 999 including VAT and will be available across South Africa from 1 June.
* HP Color LaserJet M552 and M553 series starts at R5 999 including VAT and will be available across South Africa from 1 June.