Sustainable technology group Rubicon is bringing a Tesla Model X Performance Edition all-electric SUV into South Africa next week, according to an article by MyBroadband.
- The aim is to raise the profile of renewable energy in South Africa
- The vehicle will be used for marketing initiatives within the Rubicon Group to promote Tesla Powerwall and officially launch Rubicon’s entry into the electric vehicle charging space in South Africa
- This initiative does not signal the arrival of Tesla vehicles in South Africa
- Rubicon aims to highlight all forms of electric mobility, and accelerate the South African vehicle industry and lobby government towards an all-electric future
- South Africans will be able to see up close what the car looks like
- The vehicle will move between major city centres over the next few months in conjunction with a number of marketing events for Tesla Powerwall and electric vehicle chargers from EVBox, Delta, and EO Charging