DStv, the Multichoice-owned pay-TV subscription service, is reportedly working on a premium offering that’ll unbundle some of its sports and movie channels, giving their viewers the choice of what they want in their packages. This is according to a recent article by Stuff.
The highlights of the new package are outlined below:
- The new “flexible” service will be called DStv Flex
- It aims give users more power in choosing what they want to watch on the platform
- MultiChoice is looking at allowing DStv subscribers to choose their sport channels in the form of three different, optional, add-on sports packages
- Customers who sign up for Flex will pay a compulsory R300 per month fee
- For this they will receive an Entertainment pack with 67 Premium channels
- Users will be able to add between one and three sports packs. Each sports package includes a different combination of SuperSport and ESPN channels
- Two of the sports packs cost R350 per month while there’s one priced at R500 per month
- Customers will have the power to switch certain packages on and off at any time
DStv users have been asking for flexible options around sports for years.