Herman Miller introduced Cosm, designed by Studio 7.5, in Milan coinciding with Salone Del Mobile, April 2018. The chair officially hit the market in Autumn 2018. Over the last year, the market response for this revolutionary chair has been impeccable.
Cosm chairs have been sold to more than 1 700 companies in 90 countries around the world.
On 8 July, 2019, Cosm received the prestigious Red Dot Best of the Best Product Design Award—the competition’s top distinction in the “Office Chairs” category—for its innovation, functionality, formal quality, ergonomics, durability, symbolic and emotional content, product periphery, self-explanatory quality, and ecological compatibility. These criteria are used throughout the Red Dot’s search for “good design and innovation”.
Prior to the announcement from Red Dot, many industry organisations recognised Cosm for its revolutionary design with awards and certifications including:
- #MetropolisLikes Award – NeoCon 2018
- Product of the Year at Mixology 2018
- Green Product Award 2019
- Best of NeoCon Gold – NeoCon 2018
- Interior Design HiP Award – NeoCon 2018
- Cradle2Cradle Silver Certification – 2018
- Fast Company Innovation by Design Award – Fast Co Innovation by Design 2018
- Dezeen Workplace Design Award Shortlist – 2018
- Orgatec Innovation Award – Orgatec 2018
- New York DRIVENxDESIGN Gold Award – 2018