By making its decorative coatings lead-free, low-VOC and eco-kind – and continuing to produce ground-breaking green products year after year – Kansai Plascon leads the field in advancing the industry conversation beyond just the need to remove lead in paint.
Great strides have been taken in the areas of technological research and development into green coatings and, each year, Plascon launches new products and improvements that add to its existing arsenal of green solutions.
To date, Plascon’s green coatings milestones include:
- Plascon Natural Deck Coating, a complete natural solution for treating wood, introduced to the market in 2013;
- Lead-free formulations for all its decorative paints since 1998;
- Low-VOC, eco-kind decorative coatings and colourant systems;
- Plascon RemovALL – a completely eco-friendly paint remover;
- Full support for the National Department of Health’s drive to regulate the lead content in paint;
- Abiding by the Code of Conduct as published by the industry regulator, The South African Paint Manufacturer’s Association (SAPMA); and
- Plascon Professional Evolution, South Africa’s first entirely green paint system with zero emission status.
The company also broke new ground in the coatings industry with the introduction of Plascon Professional Evolution. The range not only meets all the needs of a green product, but also goes beyond any further legislative requirements in terms of VOC ratings.
In 2014, Plascon has once again pushed the envelope by launching new Water-based Velvaglo, which was introduced to the market in March.
Plascon, which claims to not only innovate, but “eco-vate”, owes thanks to parent company Kansai Plascon’s ongoing commitment to research and development in order to produce remarkable products with rewarding results.
Plascon’s laboratories are housed at the Development Centre in Krugersdorp and the Research Centre at Stellenbosch University, while Kansai Plascon Africa has access to the global technologies of the international Kansai Paint Company group.
The Kansai Paint Company is the market leader in Japan and a top 10 global player, with over 500 chemists and an annual investment in excess of $50-million made towards research and development. The end result of this combined know-how is that the local market here in South Africa benefits from cutting-edge innovation.
To download Plascon’s full Green Handbook visit www.plascontrade.co.za