Source: Simply Kierste
Create this lovely serving platter with meaning – use your children’s thumbprints to create the heart shapes on a serving platter you can use all the time!
You will need:
- A white serving platter – choose a size and shape suitable for the size of your family
- Glass paint or multi-surface paint that can be cured in the oven and be dishwasher safe
- A permanent marker
- A wet rag or damp paper towels
1. Decide how you want to lay out the fingerprints and text and place a tiny dot of paint where you want each fingerprint to go, so the spacing is as equal as possible.
2. Place a small amount of paint on a piece of foil or wax paper, carefully dip your child(ren)’s finger(s) in the paint, then make two prints to form a heart shape. If you mess up, all you have to do is use the wet rag or damp paper towels and wipe it of, then once it’s dry, you can start over again.
3. Use a permanent marker to write the names, date, and any other text you would like.
4. Follow the curing directions on the paint you used.
If you’re worried about it being 100% food safe, then either put your fingerprints around the edges instead of the middle, or laying something underneath the food you’re serving.